Monday, February 26, 2007

I am so Outnumbered!


Elijah has been attending preschool now for 2 years. Occasionally I have asked his teachers about his behavior in class and both teachers have just gushed about how polite and well behaved he is. Until Friday. Eli's teacher, Ms. Jessica, walked him to the car and mentioned that I might want to have a talk with Eli because he had spent the day hitting and elbowing another little boy after he was told not to. I was a little embarassed for him but Elijah, upon hearing his teacher, tried to melt into my side. We had a talk and when it all came out, my conclusion was...Elijah is a boy. There was no undercurrent of emotional issues, no crazy reason for his behavior. He simply acted like a boy and disobeyed his teachers. I think Elijah learned his lesson. When I picked him up from school today, Ms. Jessica gave a glowing report on his behavior. Good boy!


"Mommy?" "Yes, Josiah". "Mommy?" "Yes, Josiah". "Mommy?" "What, Josiah?" "Bla Bla".

This, my friends, is a sample conversation I have had every day for about a month now. "Bla Bla" could mean absolutely anything. It's the all-purpose word that fills the holes in a small vocabulary. The boy's vocabulary is expanding slowly but surely. Hey, I'm just thankful there is a regular usage of the word "please", pronounced "peeeaaa". I still can't believe that in a couple of months Josiah is going to be 2 years old. Elijah scrambled out of baby-world so quickly, it's actually kind of nice to have Josiah take his time. Even when there are days where I am completely exasperated, it's a blessing to slow down and cuddle with the "Baby"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, i can so relate! you just gotta love these little munchkins, don't ya?!

i sure do miss you guys!
~stormydawn