Sunday, September 10, 2006

Up Up and We're Home!

"I just feel so sorry for that Mom!"

This is the comment I heard from the back of the airplane as we were getting ready to leave. Friends, I was THAT Mom. I could already tell that I would be in for it when Josiah woke up around 6am and never really fell back asleep. Our flight left at 12:45, smack in the middle of his naptime. The flight was an express flight so it was a smaller plane with 2 seats on each side. Needless to say, we did not have much room for movement. This didn't stop the little J man because he was filled with that over-tired energy that only people who have been around children know about. Wasn't it Phillip in the New Testament who was miraculously transported from one place to another? You better believe I was asking for this kind of miracle yesterday!
As the flight continued, Josiah became more and more irritable until a full meltdown began. And lasted a good 10-15 minutes. The-longest-minutes-of-my-entire-life. There is a defense mechanism in a human body called shock. I think that's what happened to me...all of a sudden I was in this "zone" where the horrible screaming faded away in my ears and I just sat there holding him tightly in my arms. And then, by the grace of a very good God, Josiah fell asleep. And continued sleeping through the flight's descent. I swear, it was only the crowd's good manners that kept them from cheering when this happened.

On another note, the boys and I just spent ten days in South Carolina with my parents. We had a wonderful time just hanging out with "Nana and Grandad". Elijah is older now so he is so much more aware of his emotions. Last night as we were praying, he interrupted me and said with tears in his eyes, "Mom, don't say Nana and Grandad because when you say their names, it makes me miss them so much." Isn't that the saddest thing you have ever heard? It is very difficult living so far away from them but we are all trying to be more "eternal-minded". There will come a day when none of us will be separated....we will live in all of eternity with our Beloved and with each other. How exciting!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is GOOD! And we are SO BLESSED! Eternity is a LONG time!woohoo!
Give those sweet little boys hugs and kisses from their nana and grandad.

We love you all!

Seth and Sarah said...

i'm so proud of you. you used the mental blocking methods that you have been forced to use with me year after year. you can thank me later.