Monday, December 04, 2006

10 Whole Years


Brace yourselves, people. Now I may look super young but I'm really not. Oh who am I kidding? When I was in high school, I always got the comments that I looked older than I was. When I was in my early 20's, I heard comments of me looking younger. Here I am, now 28 years old, and I get nothing when I tell people how old I am. I guess I finally caught up to myself.
One of the main events of our visit to Florida, besides all the great visiting with family, was our 10 year class reunion. If I sit and think about it too long, it just blows my mind how quickly those 10 years flew by!! To give you a little history, Seth and I were high school sweethearts (insert awwww here). We were in the same class and started dating our junior year. We got engaged the night before graduation and married a little over a year later. Our class was so small due to the tiny Christian school we attended. Our graduating class had like 15 students.
So on Saturday, over 10 years later, we reunited. We couldn't believe how many people actually came. It was a great turnout. What a trippy experience to remember these people when we were teenagers and then fast forward through life to grownups who now have spouses and children and real jobs. It was truly great seeing everyone.
My friend said something that rang very true in me. It was wonderful to see everyone but it was even nicer to realize how grateful we are that we are no longer that same person we once were. I really had quite the battle the week before the reunion. The enemy attacked me with all the old insecurities and self-hatred that I dealt with on a daily basis while I went through high school. The night before we flew down to Orlando, I had such a sweet experience with the Lord. He knew I needed to be rescued from the very intense battle I was facing. And He did it in such a kind and tenderhearted way. He showed me who I am now in Him. My heart is ruined forever because of His love and mercy. He has changed me completely and know He will never stop perfecting that which He has begun.
Seth and I left the party content with each other and with ourselves. We have a good life and we know it is just going to get better and better as long as we are in full pursuit of the One we love!

No comments: