Thursday, August 02, 2007

Trip Advisor?

I think they forgot to put the "Qua" at the Quality Inn here in Colby, Kansas. Of course, when you stumble in at 2:30am, bleary-eyed, you don't have the normal resistance of a sane person. It's one of those rooms where you cannot look at anything too closely. I made that mistake last night. The light switches have enough grease and grime covering them to send Mr. Clean on the warpath. If this is any indication, I have not taken off my sandals except to crawl in bed. The carpet has a non-plush squishiness to it. I won't even mention the bathroom. I should have taken the warning when I read the front sign that said "We serve homemade and Mexican food".

We are about to take off for our short drive to the Rockies. Last night's drive was a breeze. Night-driving through Kansas farmland is actually quite ethereal. Especially when you have just the right mix on the iPod!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ewwww! scary, bad hotel!

nevertheless, i'm excited for you on your trip, and also maybe a little jealous. :)

Have FUN!!!