Monday, February 04, 2008

Dream On

I love the cartoon version of this photo because that is how this part of my life feels right now- unreal. I think the Lord plants seeds in everyone's hearts from conception. Some seeds begin to fruit very early and others take their time and show their sprouts much later in life. My dream of horses is one of the latter. I always knew I loved horses but it never occurred to me that it might be possible to come in close contact with them. And here I am, learning how to partner with these majestic, 4-legged creatures.
Just to be down at the barn- listening, smelling, touching- fulfills something very deep in me. It has not been super easy thus far. Learning from ground zero is definitely a challenge as an adult! Be prepared to hear lots of "horse-y" stories from me. Because it quickly has become a big part of my life =)

No comments: