Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Updates

Allow me to go down the list...

1. This Friday, I will hit 24 weeks in my pregnancy. Talk about flying through time!!
2. Elijah is out of kindergarten and will begin 1st grade. The plan is to homeschool again this year. He turns 7 in a couple of months. 7??!! Excuse me while I go blow my nose...
3. Josiah is growing splendidly! He can totally hold his own in conversation. It is an amazing stage when kids can speak their whole thoughts in paragraphs. He is also "officially" using the toilet. My boys. My boys take forever with certain things. Walking and using the potty. But once they do, there is no going back. It has finally clicked for little J. Even to the point of waking up dry for the last few mornings. We can now enjoy 4 whole months without diapers and wipes!!
4. This update still kinda blows me away. We're having a girl! Can you believe it? It was difficult for me to, even while staring at the cute moving gray blob on the ultrasound screen. Her name is Lyla Marie. Lyla means "Lily", a flower that may look delicate but is as tough as they come. Don't you think that's appropriate for a little girl who will be growing up with 2 older brothers?!
5. Seth turns 31 this Friday. He is soooo in his 30's now! He hasn't been traveling much these last few months. What a blessing! Especially when I felt terrible the first few months of this pregnancy. It's funny how quickly you can take for granted the "coming home at 5" days. But there is enough traveling happening in the near future to help me remember.

I believe that is enough for now. Next post? Pictures!

No comments: