Sunday, May 10, 2009

You Are Beautiful...



Dear Mom,
I understand now. I understand the need to protect them, no matter what. I understand the fear, the pain, the occasional feelings of utter exhaustion. But I also understand the determination that no matter what, we will continue to be a family. The determination that, if need be, I will be the glue that holds us together.
I feel it now. I feel the well of love that I saw in you. I write letters to them as you did. Sometimes writing it down allows for freedom to say things that just might be too difficult to say in person. 
Thank you for not only being that Mom who I am so grateful for. But for being my best friend.
I love you!

1 comment:

mom said...

Thank you Sarah! How I love your expression in writing....it's a gift! I love you and I love my grandchildren....I AM BLESSED!!
Happy Mother's Day to you!
HUGGGGGGG!