Monday, November 17, 2008

Irony or Just Plain Perfect Timing

So the day I went into labor was the day that we finally finished the baby room. It was just one of those projects that we kept putting off because we had "plenty of time". A few hours is plenty of time, right??

It has been a tradition for my mother-in-law to help decorate my babies' rooms. She painted an amazing Noah's Ark mural in Eli's room. Josiah's room had a beach theme, which I absolutely loved. And Lyla's room was decorated based on these beautiful bird prints that she found in an unique gift shop in Texas.


Okay, so the room is mostly finished. I hired someone to cover my rocking chair cushions. She isn't finished yet.

My very first sewing machine project...the valance. It turned out well. Just don't look too closely because you might be inclined to believe that I was a bit tipsy while using the machine.

Lyla means "Lily". Thus the gigantic lily over her crib.

3 comments:

Tara said...

It is beautiful!!!! Yeah, I am so glad you posted these pictures.

Holly said...

I love non-traditional girl-y rooms. So BEAUTIFUL and elegant. I love it when rooms don't look like they got up and walked right out of Babies R Us.

Priscilla said...

I love this Sarah! It is perfect and lovely! I want to come sit in that rocking chair! The birds are a great find and bravo to you for being able to envision THIS! (I'm a little jelous, I've never gotten to do a baby room- and you've done them so well!) Agree with Holly's coment about the packaged room deals! This is better!