Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Date Night

See this handsome guy? He and I went on a special Valentines date last night. Our last outing together like this was a couple of years ago so it was loooong overdue! We went to the theatre to see this movie and then ate here for dinner. I had a fantastic time getting to know my son. It's funny how you think you've heard all that is going on in your kids' minds when you stay at home with them, but it takes a totally different environment for them to truly open up. He and I giggled and laughed in the movie theatre. And then had a serious conversation over dinner. He tries to act so grown-up and big so much of the time, it is easy to take for granted that inside he is a 7 year old with insecurities that only 7 year olds deal with. I am so blessed to have such a sweet, kind, imaginitive, and funny little boy. I am excited to see what the Lord has planned for this guy. I so want to protect him from all the evil and pain that is out there but I know I can't. I just have to trust the One who loves this kid even more than I do.
Oh and so when I got in my bed later on last night, I found an envelope addressed "To Mom" on it. Inside read this:


Seth said this was the first thing Eli did as soon as we got home last night.
Well of course I cried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed! He has a heart of gold!

Priscilla said...

oh my gosh! how sweet! Trévan has been asking me to go on a date for along time. I suck! But you've just inspired me to stop procrastinating!:)