Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who Have I Been Kidding?

I have bucked the idea for years. "Not me!". "Never!!". I held onto my coolness as long as I could. What coolness, I'm not really sure. But then I went and had a 3rd child. Have you tried putting 3 children in the backseat of a car or even a SUV? Running back and forth from one door to the other, leaning half way in the car to pull out an infant seat = not a pretty picture. So I gave into the fight. I began to want a van. There I said it. A v-a-n. After seeing poor Eli stuffed into the middle of the backseat, my heart melted. Who am I to hold onto whatever picture of me I have inside my head? Growing up isn't always easy. Even when you're 30 years old.
Today, conditions were perfect. It was the last day of the month. God just dumped 5+ inches of snow onto Kansas City. Our faithful had-it-for-11-years 4runner died a big, dramatic death. It was time to buy a van.
So, here she is, Ladies and Gentlemen...



Sidenote: I am really sad about my 4runner. Such a loyal, dependable SUV. Just doesn't seem right for it to go the way it did...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! A van!! What a soccermom you are! I am the same way you were...no minivan for me....so easy to say when you have only 1 child!

Seth and Sarah said...

Not quite the soccermom yet. Let me take this slow =) Seeing Eli stretched out this evening with the back row all to himself makes it all worth it!

Holly said...

Congrats on your (totally uncool) purchace! I am still rocking the SUV, but have secretly thought of owning a van myself. . .(shhhh don't tell anyone!)

Anonymous said...

NICE!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful piece of machinery. Welcome to the club: it's really exclusive.

Priscilla said...

BTW- Your personal coolness factor has not been nudged one inch! And as far as a mini van goes... you did manage to find the coolest one! Nice! I hope it is filled with terrific memories of great camping trips (I'm smelling the campfire right now), road trips, laughter as a family and even (gasp!) perhaps a few soccer games some day!