Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Lord, grant me patience!

I've gotta say, there isn't anything much more annoying than this- getting ourselves and the kids ready, driving down to the trail, setting up the jogger, sitting the kids in the jogger, and then having to turn around 5 minutes later because our child is screaming at the top of his lungs with no intention of stopping.
It was a beautiful evening. Couldn't have been more than 75 degrees with a cool breeze. There were even a few deer out grazing not 50 feet from us. They just gave us a "hey could you shut your kid up" look and resumed their eating.
I think I almost left Josiah with them. Wolves have raised children before, haven't they? Deer would be a good, herbivorous choice. I just picture in 20 years, a reddish blond curly-headed man timidly leaping out of the forest, neck craning to spot any predators. Nooo, I guess that wouldn't work very well. I guess I'll have to keep the little guy. Good thing he's so darn cute...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa, that sounds pretty rough...
he certainly is a cutie pie, though! are you sure he wouldn't enjoy being raised by wolves or something? i think arrow would like to be raised by monkey or apes or the like! :p