Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Party On...and On...


On Saturday, Eli went to his first "big boy" birthday party. His little friend, Isaac, turned 7 and had a water party in his backyard. Water party = squirt guns, water bottles, water balloons, a large blow-up pool. Pretty much the description of Little Boys' Heaven.
A couple of days before the party, Eli started acting very peculiar. Actually, he began acting downright terrible. Talking back, attitudes and the like. By Saturday morning Seth and I were about to put our proverbial feet down and forbid Eli from going to the party. I finally listened to that little voice in my heart and asked Elijah to come sit with me and talk. I asked him what the problem was...why was he behaving so badly the last couple of days. Immediately he answered me and said, "Mom, I'm really nervous about the older kids at the party. I don't know any of them." And we all chime in...Awwww....
That explained it. The poor guy didn't quite know what to do with his feelings about the whole deal, thus explaining the tweaked behavior. So I told him that Daddy would be with him and if he didn't like being there, he could always come home. Of course that didn't need to happen because Eli ended up having a total blast. He tossed water balloons with the best of 'em. (Actually, he and his partner were the best of 'em. They won!)

Okay, so I was blown away by this...(I have a picture of it but for some reason Blogger won't let me post it)
After all the fun and games, the kids at this 7 YEAR OLD's birthday party gathered around Isaac and prayed for him. How awesome is that?? We are raising a generation of Elijahs and Isaacs and Levis and Josiahs and Zions and Ezekials (Seth said it almost sounded like an Amish party with all the Biblical names) who take the time at birthday parties to pray for their friends. I love what they teach children to do here in Kansas City. They believe that if kids lay hands on the sick, they WILL be healed. That if they listen to the Lord, they CAN prophesy. That if they offer their hearts to God, they WILL become lovesick worshipers of the Most High. Wow!

No comments: