Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Goodnight Moon

I hugged Elijah today. Not really a momentous occasion because I hug him daily multiple times. But today was different. I sat holding him and noticed how small his shoulders were. For some reason, it made me want to cry. Small shoulders that carry such light burdens. As well it should be. Little man, I wish I could always carry your burdens but that is reserved by One who is infinitely stronger.

Boys. Always the competition of who is strongest, fastest, smartest. Today Elijah asked the questions that if answered correctly have the potential to unlock the secrets of the entire universe. "Mom, could Spiderman beat up God? Who can run faster- Jesus or SharkBoy?"

Speaking of hugs. I have to say, I think I have 2 of the most affectionate young males ever. I cannot get enough of their hugs. Both of their techniques intrigue me. Elijah has more of a "drive-by" approach. He doesn't give them very often but when he does, you know he really means it. Lately he has been randomly telling me that he has a big, huge, 'mongous surprise for me. And then he backs up to the other side of the room, runs full speed to me, and wraps his soft arms around my waist. With a sweet "I love you Mom" he is off to his next adventure. Josiah is a snuggle bear. I call my little koala. He knows how to just melt into you, form himself to your front, and hold you captive by his warm affection. Hopefully he will never discover that he could ask for anything at that moment and it would be his in an instant.

Seth and I are having one of those weeks. You know those weeks where you are pretty sure you remember each other's face because you only see it for five minutes before you are both sound asleep? Yes, it has been busy. A new show has rolled into town so Seth has been commuting between here and downtown every day.
I have learned to let go. This week is the first official week of having an official babysitter officially watch my children. Because I have been recording The Bride every day. I have to admit, it was really difficult that first day. "Did I remember to tell her this or that? Will the boys give her a hard time? Oh, I hope she doesn't go into the master bathroom...Why didn't I take the time to clean it??" But, as I said before, I have learned to let go. And everything is going beautifully. Even the reading is going amazingly well. The Lord is stirring things up in my heart. But I will leave that for a future post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I can't wait to get a few "fly bys" and a kaola hug or two, or three......as many as I can! I'm looking forward to some deep discussion on the Power of God and a few spanish lessons too!
=)

woohoo! 20 more days!
love you all!
mom