Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Quote of the Week

Today we were driving around town, my mother-in-law and I with the kids, delivering groceries to certain families. We have been doing this every week helping out with this ministry. It has been an awesome experience for the kids and me, getting to know people and helping out where we can.
Anyway, as we were talking in the front seats, Elijah suddenly called out from the back,

"Mom, you are a poem and don't even know it!!"

I almost stopped the car right there just to give my little guy a hug. I don't even remember what I said to bring on such a perfect quote but it is definitely in my Top 10 list of memories that I want etched in my mind forever. Besides, wouldn't you really rather be called a poem than a poet? It's so much more poetic, isn't it??

No comments: