Thursday, May 24, 2007

Randomness in General

This is my husband. He may look normal on the outside. But he's far, far from normal. He's kinda weird. And now I have proof to back me up on this.

I like to read other people's blogs. I find one and then link to another and then to another until I find myself lost in some kind of maze. A blog maze. Usually they are from the IHOP world so, not only are they entertaining, but usually have substance as well. Here are some blogs I frequent often. I know I should become a little more technologically savvy by signing up to their feeds but they're still on my favorite bookmark list so I just have to check them as often as I am online...
Randy B. - A blogging pro. You never know what you are going to read each day. Could be hilarious. Could be totally serious. His family consists of 3 boys and a newly adopted little girl. Somehow I feel like I can connect on the "boy thing".
Kelsey B. - Wife of said blogging pro. She has awesome things to say. Totally feel like I can relate by being a mom and having a really passionate heart for the Lord. Plus she and Randy put together the Omega course. An amazing run-through of the end times. Seth and I are watching the DVDs right now and are pretty speechless about all the things in Scripture we have never thought or heard about before.
Shelley P. - A photographer from Minnesota. I am dreaming of the day when she can come to our house and take photos of the boys and our family. I love her work and she is super nice (she and I have corresponded about a good date for sessions. Nothing has worked out yet and it looks like I will probably wait until next year to have her come.).
Molly M. - Found this blog on one of my reading binges one day. I really like her writing style plus her blog links to a bunch of interesting ones I like to check.
Tracie L. - An IHOP Mom. She has a ton of motherly wisdom. She and her family recently adopted a little baby girl. Seth and I both feel adoption is in our future, so it has been neat following their story.
(I have to admit, though, it's a bit strange reading these different blogs and then seeing these people in person at church. I recognize them but they have absolutely no idea who I am. I guess I should introduce myself one of these days...)

My 2 year old is waaay too attached to these. I have haunting visions of Josiah as a 15 year old, walking around with one in his mouth. I have been very thankful for their amazing soothing powers but, honestly, they're gross. My hygiene limit gets very tested. 5 second rule? How about the 5 minute-just-wipe-it-on-your-jeans-because-he's-screaming-bloody-murder rule?!

Is there such a thing as slow death by tooth ache? I'm not talking about cavities or anything like that. I'm talking about these. Right now my teeth are so sensitive, if I touch anything the wrong way, I get chills up and down my whole body!

Seth and I have been doing a lot of this lately to train for this later on in the year. I have scaled the goal back to a half marathon this year. Something I know for sure I can do and I think we are going to have a lot of fun doing it. There are some monster hills in the course so we have been going up to a trail close by to help us build up for that.

It's going to be a busy summer for us. I'm pretty excited about that. Seth's brother and his lovely family are coming to visit the first week of July. We can't wait to see them! In July, we are taking a family road trip. And then in August, Seth and I will be driving to Colorado for 6 days to celebrate our 10th anniversary. It's going to be awesome! We will be staying here and will be spending a lot of time here.

My baby is graduating preschool next week and will be entering "real school" this fall. I cannot believe this kid is well on his way to 6 already. I am so proud of Elijah, I could just burst. Look at the mini cap and gown!


Well, friends, I believe this is my last post until the first week of July. Hope you all have a blessed next month. Stay safe and have fun!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to sound like a commercial, but there’s an awesome sensitive toothpaste you have to get from a dentist. It’s a little expensive, but it really works.

Check it at: www.fluoridex.com

Hope that helps.

Seth and Sarah said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

By the way.... I went and looked at Shelly the photographer's blog to check out her photos a while back. I just wanted to say that looking at her portraits and the pictures you have taken of the boys, etc- all you need is the right equipment and you will be blowing her away! Seriously!