Monday, October 22, 2007

Six

Dear Son,
Today you turn 6. How can this be? Wasn't it just yesterday that I held you on the couch, a three day old baby, and wept because your arrival filled a part of my heart I never knew existed?
I looked at you tonight, on the last evening of your fifth year, and saw shadows of the little one I held so many years ago. Your face has changed so drastically from little boy to boy. Your thoughts are ever so intriguing just as I knew they would be long before you had a voice to spill them out.

Wasn't it just yesterday you called dinosaurs "dintohores"? That you told us "I can't reeeaach it" when you sat on the potty and couldn't manage to take a poo?

I am so proud of your mind, your gentleness, your compassion. You have a heart to protect the little ones as I have seen you jump to protect your brother.
I love you and am so proud to be your Mom. Happy Birthday, my little man. I have a feeling it's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there is a teary eyed dad in arkansas...