Sunday, August 17, 2008

Finito!

Picture your junk drawer/junk closet. Now imagine that particular drawer/closet and multiply it by 100. That, my friends, was the condition of our basement. One of the great things about our house is the massive amount of storage it has. All behind a closed door. One of the terrible things about our house is the massive amount of storage it has. All behind a closed door. You name it- it got stuck in our basement. I would love to know how we accumulated so much crap over the years but I guess that's just what happens.
And here now is the pictorial for your entertainment....

We had to bring out at least half of the crap into the finished part of our downstairs so we could have some room to work with.

So, so much crap. (I'm going for a record to see how many times I can say "crap" in one post. How am I doin'?)

More cr-, er, stuff.

Check out my handiman hottie. He designed AND built the shelving. Way to go, Man!

Hey, how did they get up there?? 'Cause you know I would never put my children up on shelves just so I could get some quiet time.

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. You probably see this photo and think, "Eh, nothin' special." I see this photo and with tears in my eyes think, "This is the most beautiful thing I have seen in my whole life!" People, notice the floor. You can actually WALK on it without tripping on something!!

Again, floor space! This part is actually not finished. We (totally meaning Seth) have some carpet to lay down and a desk to put up. This will be his new and improved office. I think I will be nice and hang some pictures on the walls. It might reduce the "crazy eye" from his face when he emerges from the deep.
So, that's it, friends. The mountain has been chipped down to a Midwestern plain. Just make sure you don't take a peek into my guest room because you may never return. This room has a door also which shall remain closed until our garage sale on the 5th of September.

6 comments:

Priscilla said...

That is Freaking AWESOME! I am so there on that with ya! When I know that I can open a closet door safely or walk into my garage without getting nauseated, it is beautiful! I love organization!! Wish I was a little better at maintaining...

Congratulations!

The Gabes said...

I am so proud of you guys!!! I would say our basement is actually a little bit worse. We are planning a garage sale for the weekend of the 30th~after we get rid of a bunch of our 'crap' I plan on trying to get a little organized too. You have definitely given me some motivation. You are my inspiration. =)

Seth and Sarah said...

Priscilla-Thanks Girlfriend =) The maintaining thing is definitely a hurdle. I told Seth that I plan on "purging" once a year so we don't get stuck with all of it again. We shall see!

Seth and Sarah said...

Jeannette- I feel about 10 lbs (I wish that were literal =) )lighter because this was THE project that was holding all my other projects at bay.
Now I can move on. Yah!! And good luck with your "crap" and the garage sale!

Holly said...

We moved this weekend and I kept asking myself the same question. . .why on earth do we have so much CRAP?! I only had to unpack 10 boxes or so in this temp house. . .the rest. . .is stored in the 2 car garage. If I can live with only 10 boxes for 6 months, why do I keep all that other crap in the garage. I secretly want to keep the door open so someone, anyone would just take it all. . .I swear I wouldn't call the police. I am afraid the burglers would bring it all back after they realize that it is truely CRAP. . . :)

Seth and Sarah said...

hahhahaha, that would be awesome. although i guess taking it to the salvation army would probably be better for the burglar/deliquent's soul =)
wow, you are my hero. temporary housing AGAIN but i guess you have quite a bit to look forward to with the new house!