Monday, April 24, 2006

PB and....Hair??

From about the age of 2, Eli has been fascinated by the world of chewing gum. We actually did not let him have his first piece until he was 3 and because he ended up swallowing it, it was a long time before he was given another piece. Now that he is 4 1/2, he has mastered the concept of chewing and not swallowing.
This morning, Seth and I were sitting at the kitchen table when we heard a pitiful voice crying up the stairs "Dad, can you please come down here?" Eli was clearly upset so both Seth and I raced downstairs to see what was wrong. One look at him explained everything. On the side of his head, a chunk of hair spiked unnaturally straight up in the air. Holding it there? Yep, you guessed it...a piece of chewing gum. Apparently, Seth had generously given Eli a piece of gum to accompany movie-time. And apparently, Eli was not content to keep it in his mouth.
See, I have never understood this concept of finding out what gum will do in the hair. This was a brand new experience for me, as well...grabbing the jar of peanut butter and rubbing it through my son's hair. Now I can say that it works. Not from a "tips" page on the internet but from actual, real-life experience.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to wash my hands for the 4th time to get rid of the aroma of peanut butter...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that's hilarious! I'm sorry we missed it. Will you give that boy a kiss on both cheeks from his nana, please! =)

Seth and Sarah said...

Kisses given! Hopefully this will never happen again...he seemed upset enough =)