Sunday, May 28, 2006

Dinner y'all?


Did you know that Arkansas is only 3 hours away from Kansas City? I didn't know that until this past weekend when I loaded up the boys and took off on a little road trip to visit Seth for one night. He is in Fayetteville for 2 weeks working on a job. Fayetteville, next to Bentonville = Walmart capital of the world. I would like to share my impression of Arkansas because I had a lot of thinking time as I drove through. Firstly, it's beautiful. I think it's the Ozarks that make it so but it is hilly and green and very pretty. Secondly, I swear I heard banjo music drifting on the wind. It definitely has that "deep south" feel. Not the southern drawl, mint julep, old plantation deep south but the road-kill scrapin', overalls without a shirt, ma and pa deep south. Now I hope I don't offend anyone here because like I said, my first impression was the beauty. But really what was I supposed to think when I passed a town called "Huckleberry Junction"? I did have to giggle when I passed a Super Walmart with surrounding Town Center-type shops. Like it was a prestigious shop in the midst of more shops. Can a rose be called by any other name?

The boys and I had a great trip. It was wonderful to see Seth. Poor Elijah had a rough time this last week missing his daddy. To give you an example- a few nights ago, he passed through the kitchen and saw our family picture on my laptop screen. He just started weeping saying how much he missed Daddy. After that, I knew it was important for Eli to see Seth. And oh my, what a difference! I think because Eli got to see where Seth was working and sleeping, it settled him down and gave him peace. It was so sweet to see Eli's face while sitting next to Seth at dinner. Like all was right with the world...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those boys (Seth and Eli) are "two peas in a pod" =) I'm glad Eli got to see his awesome daddy!!

love you all!