Friday, May 12, 2006

From the mouths of babes....


Bathtime for the boys is a highlight of their existence. Josiah has loved the water since we brought him home from the hospital. Elijah has slowly warmed to the idea and now is a "play bath" fiend. As exhausting as it is for both Seth and me, we love it too. There is nothing more innocent than seeing your naked little cherub smile his toothy little smile in pure joy.


The other night, as I was getting ready to give Josiah a bath, I looked at him and felt compelled to tell him "Josiah, you are a worshiper. You will worship the Lord in spirit and in truth". For 5 seconds, Josiah looked at me right in the eyes and began dancing and clapping his hands. Try to tell me that he didn't hear and understand that! The moment did not last very long because he is only a year old and his attention span is that of a puppy but for that 5 seconds he and I connected. What a destiny these little ones hold. I just pray that I am humble enough to ask them to teach me the deep things of God's heart.

On a lighter note, Eli has been asking us for a cat. He "really really " wants a kitty. I think he is slowly gaining understanding that it just ain't happenin'. A few nights ago, we were driving home and he asked for a kitty again. I decided to be civil with the idea and told him that as soon as he grows up and moves out of the house, he is welcome to get a kitty. I tell you, I almost saw the smoke come out of Eli's ears, he was thinking so fast. "WHAT? I'll be moving out of the house some day???" "But Mom, I never want to move out of the house. I love you guys and want to be here forever and ever." Where is my tape recorder when I need it?? There will be one day where I will be tempted to quote him his own words but I'm sure I will refrain and let him go live his life. I'll just have my allergy medicine handy when I visit him and his kitty!

This will be my last blog for a while. The boys and I are so very excited...we are going to the beach for a week. This will be Josiah's first introduction to the ocean. Elijah takes to the beach like a little fish. I plan on soaking in all the smells, tastes, and sounds that I can. Is it possible for the beach to be a part of someone's DNA? There are times, especially when we first moved here to Kansas City, where I would feel a physical ache for the ocean. Just to be near it again. Hope.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will MISS YOU!! Have a wonderful vacation......yes I do think the beach/ocean is in your DNA...just like dad.
Give those toothy grinned cherubs a kiss from their nana! =)

I love you

Seth and Sarah said...

I'll have lots of pictures to share next week...I plan on being a picture takin' fool =)
We have lots of memories on that island...many of them with you and Dad...
I love you too!!